6/20/23

Back in the Saddle with Gumpaste Lavender

It's been a while since I posted anything cake related so I thought I would share what did for a party this weekend. 

I made 24 gumpaste lavender stems last week and baked some chocolate chip cupcakes for a family party. It was the first in at least 6 years that I have done anything at this level. Working with gumpaste is very different than working with icing in a piping bag. Some would say it is easier because it doesn't require the same skill set. If I didn't have that skill set, I would agree. Since I do know my way around a piping bag, I think piping these out onto the cupcakes would have been faster, and therefore easier. 


I don't know why I didn't pipe these on instead of making them in gumpaste. These definitely give off a fancy vibe and while it was a family gathering, I wanted them to be extra special for this occasion. 


Each flower and leaf was painstakingly made by hand and assembled. I was glad I did it. I confirmed for myself that I've still got it!



I had all the supplies that I needed, I just needed some fresh gumpaste. Literally, everything else was in my stash, plus, plus, plus!

I will share a video on how I made them on my YouTube channel soon, so stay tuned for that.

No comments: